GIVEBACK PTY LTD ACN 659 029 795 (GiveBack) is committed to protecting and maintaining your personal privacy.
We encourage you to read this policy carefully so that you understand our information handling practices in the course of performing our functions and activities.
Information we collect
In order for GiveBack to provide you with the GiveBack Service, we may collect and use personal information about you, from you or third parties. If we are not provided with all the personal information we request, we may not be able to supply our products and services.
We may collect the following kinds of information from and about you:
- the content and other information you provide when you use the GiveBack Service, including when you use or access the GiveBack Service as a result of your employer or organisation registering an account to provide access to its employees or while using the GiveBack Service, where you create or share, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you or your organisation provides, such as the date a file was created. We also collect information about how you use the GiveBack Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with or the frequency and duration of your activities;
- contact information, such as full name and email address;
- communications and information that other people provide when they use the GiveBack Service. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a photo of you, send a message to you or upload, sync or import your contact information;
- the content of all communications on or through the GiveBack Service;
- user communications, feedback, suggestions and ideas sent to us, or any other information that you provide to us when you or your business contact or engage us for support regarding the GiveBack Service; and
- any other information that you choose to upload, share with other users or provide to us directly through the GiveBack Service.
We may collect information from or about the computers, phones or other devices where you install or access the GiveBack Service, including but not limited to device locations (including specific geographic locations), such as through GPS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi signals. We may associate or link the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us to provide the GiveBack Service consistently across your devices.
We automatically collect certain information provided by your browser or operating system through the GiveBack Service, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address and other browser or device identifiers, browser type, operating system, crash data, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the GiveBack Service, the date and time of your visit, information about your activities and actions (such as the links that you click and pages that you view) within the GiveBack Service and other standard server log information. We may set or log data stored in cookies or local storage objects to automatically collect this information. Your browser or device may offer settings related to these technologies. For more information about whether these settings are available, what they do and how they work, visit your browser or device’s help material. We may not recognise or respond to browser or device signals around tracking, and some settings may interfere with your use of features that we offer. Additionally, the settings offered by a browser or device often only apply to that particular browser or device.
How do we use the information we collect?
GiveBack will use the information that we collect to provide, develop, improve and monetise the GiveBack Service. Examples of such use include:
- communicating with users regarding their use of the GiveBack Service;
- enhancing and promoting the security, integrity and safety of the GiveBack Service for you and other users;
- (where able) operating, maintaining and improving the systems and infrastructure that provide the GiveBack Service. For example, we may use crash logs from your use of the GiveBack Service to identify and fix bugs;
- developing new tools, products or services that we may introduce, which may develop and enrich your experience over time;
- sending you marketing communications, communicating with you about the GiveBack Service and letting you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us;
- associating activity on the GiveBack Service across different devices operated or used by the same individual to improve the GiveBack Service; and
- conducting data and system analytics, including research to improve the GiveBack Service.
How do we store and hold personal information?
We store most information about you in computer systems and databases operated by either us, or our external and/or third-party service providers. Some information about you may be recorded in paper files that we store securely.
We implement and maintain processes and security measures to protect personal information which we hold from misuse, interface or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
These processes and systems include:
- the use of identity and access management technologies to control access to systems on which information is processed and stored;
- requiring all employees to comply with internal information security policies and keep information secure; and
- monitoring and regularly reviewing our practise against our own policies and against industry best practice.
We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information once we no longer require it for the purposes for which it was collected or for any secondary purpose permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australia Privacy Principles.
How is this information shared?
We may share the information we collect in the following circumstances:
- to the community when you choose to share and communicate through the GiveBack Service;
- to third-party service providers who may assist in providing the GiveBack Service or part of the GiveBack Service;
- to third-party apps, websites or other services that you can connect to through the GiveBack Service;
- in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our GiveBack Service, a merger, consolidation, asset sale or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy or insolvency, or if the ownership or control of all or part of the GiveBack Service or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner;
- to help verify accounts and activity, and to promote safety and security on and off the GiveBack Service, such as by investigating suspicious activity or breaches of our terms or policies;
- as otherwise directed or authorised by you; and
- where we are otherwise permitted to disclose information under the Privacy Act.
We may also share the information that we collect with third-party partners and customers who help us to provide and improve the GiveBack Service. We will not share information that personally identifies you (personally identifiable information is information such as a name or email address that can by itself be used to contact you or identify who you are) unless you give us permission.
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (e.g. a court order or subpoena) if we have a good-faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction and is consistent with internationally recognised standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, we may provide information to third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud and abuse on and off the GiveBack Service. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation or investigations concerning possible breaches of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also may retain information from accounts disabled for breaches of our terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other breaches of our terms.
We may also disclose information that has been aggregated or that otherwise does not personally identify you to third parties and affiliates who may, amongst other purposes, use it for analytics, trends and analysis to improve and provide the GiveBack Service.
What is our legal basis for processing data?
We collect, use and share the data that we have in the ways described above:
- as necessary to fulfil our terms and conditions;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations; and
- as necessary for our (or others’) legitimate interests, including our interests in providing an innovative, personalised, safe and profitable service to our users and partners, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data.
How can you exercise your rights?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation and the Privacy Act, you have the right to access, rectify, port and delete your data, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your data. This includes:
- where you have agreed to direct marketing, the right to object to our processing of your data for that purpose, which you can exercise by using the “unsubscribe” link in such marketing communications; and
- the right to object to our processing of your data where we are pursuing our legitimate interests or those of a third party, which you can exercise by requesting us to revoke your account’s access at any time.
There is no charge for requesting access to your personal information, but we may require you to meet our reasonable costs in providing you with access (such as costs for time spent on collating large amounts of material). Please refer to the Contact Details section of this policy if you would like to exercise these rights.
Data retention, account deactivation and deletion
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide the GiveBack Service or until your subscription is cancelled – whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things such as the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
You can cancel your subscription at any time. If you do not want to cancel your subscription, but want to temporarily stop using GiveBack, we may offer you the choice to temporarily revoke your access to GiveBack instead. It may take some time to delete data stored in backup systems. Your information, other than public posts made by you previously, isn’twill not be accessible on GiveBack during this time.
How do you access and modify the information we hold about you?
You access, correct or delete information that you have uploaded to the GiveBack Service using the tools within the GiveBack Service provided by us. Changes that you make to your information on the GiveBack Service take immediate effect on your community, but data will be retained by GiveBack in backup copies for a commercially reasonable amount of time.
Safety and security
We use the information that we have to help verify accounts and activity and to promote safety and security on and off the GiveBack Service, such as by investigating suspicious activity or breaches of our terms or policies. Some aspects of the GiveBack Service may contain links to content maintained by third parties that we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties, and we recommend that you view the privacy policies of each website that you visit.
How our global services operate
How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
Complaints and queries
We are committed to constantly improving our procedures so that personal information is treated appropriately.
If you have any queries about how we handle your personal information, or if you have a complaint about our information handling practices, you should contact us immediately.
We will log your complaint and our Privacy Officer will within 48 hours of your complaint:
- listen to your concerns and grievances;
- discuss with you the ways in which we can remedy the situation; and
- put in place action plans to resolve your complaint and improve information handling as appropriate.
Our Privacy Officer will respond to your complaint within 10 days of receiving a complaint from you. If you are not satisfied with the decision, you can contact us to discuss your concerns.
If you require more detailed information about our information handling practices or if you have any concerns about our handling of your personal information, you can contact our Privacy Officer as follows:
Unit 9a 69 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Hilton SA 5033